Sunday, August 22, 2010

Up in the Air

Ever since watching Up in the Air it’s all I think of when Im sitting in an airport. I feel like Im in a movie. I don’t really believe that in less than 15 hours I will be in a foreign land, unable to communicate and not knowing anyone. You see, I don’t really think that I have processed this. I am about to embark upon an exciting adventure and all I can think of is if Ill have coffee while in Morocco. I still don’t know the answer to that, so I bought a medium Dunkin Donuts coffee and a coffee cake muffin for dinner. I asked for decaf because I wanted to be able to sleep on the flight.
I really cannot believe that I am studying abroad. It feels like just yesterday that I was trying to convince my parents that the Huntsman Program was for me. I cannot believe how time flies! In all honesty, I really am not all that excited. I don’t know. It’s a weird feeling. Like the first day of school. But not the first day of Kindergarten, more like the first day of eighth grade where you know that its part of the routine and there just isn’t anything too exciting anymore. The one thing that is giving me hope is that I know that every person that has studied abroad comes back to the US saying it was the most amazing experience! So that is what I have faith in. But like I said, I do not feel like I am about to get on an airplane and I most certainly do not feel like I will be waking up in Morocco tomorrow. But that’s how I like to do things in life, just jump right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment